Our Mission is to provide the best customer experience to you and some data tracking can help us best serve you and better meet your needs. Of course, we fully respect your privacy and prioritize anonymity whenever possible when we collect data and we never sell your information to a third party.
Policy Last Updated: May 4, 2020
1. Information We Collect
Non-identifiable Session Data (IP Address, Cookies, Etc)
- We collect anonymous tracking data of website visits, allowing us to analyze our website performance and make changes to improve the user experience.
- We capture non-personally identifiable IP and user-session information for security purposes, such as analyzing malicious or questionable traffic.
- In our newsletter, we track the percentage of people who open our newsletters; and we may track “clicks” via encoded URLs, meaning we track whether you click on the links contained in our e-mail messages. This information is used internally only to help us deliver relevant messaging and is not shared with any third parties.
Personally Identifiable Information (Email, Phone Numbers, Address, etc.)
- Any personally identifiable information voluntarily submitted to us via contact forms is used for purposes of answering said inquiries.
- Users who submit information via the contact us form or by registering for events/webinars may receive email communications.
- You may be part of a user subset who has their email addresses encrypted, anonymized, and shared with vendors such as Google and Facebook for the purposes of creating advertising campaigns for similar groups of internet users (more about this form of advertising). Basically all it does it allow us to find like-minded people using computer algorithms. Your actual affinity group, tastes, demographic information, etc. is never reported back to us and the web vendors (Google, Facebook) do not know it was you who was part of this subset.
We never rent, sell, or otherwise share our lists with other vendors. If you choose to provide personal information about yourself, Granite State Solar will use this information only to communicate directly with you.
2. How We Collect Information
Contact Us Form
We collect the information you provide to us in voluntary submissions, such as our contact us form.
Cookies allow a website to recognize a user’s device. Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improve the user experience. They can also help to ensure that advertisements you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
• Opting Out of Cookies
By using the Granite State Solar site, you consent to the placement of the cookies referenced above. You can, however, set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it.
We use analytics tools and other third-party technologies, such as Google Analytics, to collect non-personal information like usage and user metrics when you use our site. These tools collect and analyze information including cookies, IP addresses, device and software identifiers, referring and exit URLs, onsite behavior and usage information, feature use metrics and statistics, usage history, MAC Address, mobile unique device ID, and other similar information.
We may permit certain third-party companies to help us tailor advertising that we think may be of interest to you based on your use of the Granite State Solar site and to otherwise collect and use data about your use of the Granite State Solar site.
3. How We Use Information
Generally, we use this information to establish and enhance our relationship with our users through these categories:
Communication and Responding to Requests
We use your information to provide you with customer support, respond to requests, send newsletters and updates, and seek your opinions and feedback.
We use your information to operate, provide, improve, and maintain our site, to prevent abuse and fraud, to personalize and display advertisements and other content for you, and for other administrative and internal business purposes.
We use your information including behavioral metrics, geo-location data, demographic data, and marketing preferences to personalize and display advertisements and other content for you.
4. When We Disclose Personal Information
We do not share personal information with third parties except in the following limited circumstances:
We may provide personal information to third parties for their use in performing internal business functions (e.g., payment processing, customer service, maintenance, security, data analysis, email transmission, beta testing, or data hosting) on our behalf.
Change of Ownership
Information about our users, including personal information, may be disclosed as part of any bankruptcy, merger, sale, transfer of company assets, acquisition, or similar transaction. In the event of such a transaction in which your personal information would be transferred to a third party, we will make reasonable efforts to notify you.
We take measures to assure the security, and integrity of all personal information that we collect. Our efforts include procedures designed to avoid unauthorized access, alteration, misuse, or disclosure of personal information.
If we learn of a security systems breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using the Granite State Solar site and providing personal information to us, you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your account information and usage.
6. No Error Free Performance
If you have questions about this policy, please feel free to contact us at:
Phone: (603) 369-4318
57 Ryan Road, Bow, NH 03304