Embrace the Granite State’s opportunity to harness solar energy and enjoy a variety of enticing incentives and programs. Not only does solar power contribute to a cleaner environment, but it also proves to be a financially sound investment in the long run. Below we dive into the incentives available for New Hampshire residents.
1. Solar Renewable Energy Credits (SRECs): New Hampshire's SREC program rewards homeowners for generating solar power. You’ll earn one SREC for every 1,000 kWh (kilowatt-hour) of energy you produce. In some states, it is required that a certain percentage of the energy sold by utilities comes from renewable sources. If you have solar, you can sell your SRECs to the utilities.
2. Net Metering: Never let excess electricity go to waste! New Hampshire's net metering policy allows homeowners to receive credits for surplus energy their solar panels produce. Use these credits during periods when your panels aren't generating enough electricity, such as at night. Offset utility bills and potentially earn even more credits for the future.
3. Property Tax Exemption: In some parts of New Hampshire, installing a solar energy system won't result in extra property taxes. Depending on the town you're based in, you might be eligible for a valuable property tax exemption, ensuring your financial incentive lasts long after the installation.
4. Federal Tax Credits: Don't miss out on this incredible opportunity! Homeowners across the United States can benefit from the federal solar Investment Tax Credit (ITC). This credit offers a 30% reduction in federal income taxes, knocking down the total cost of your solar installation.
5. Flexible Financing Options: Through our long-standing relationship with VSECU/NEFCU (Vermont State Employees Credit Union/New England Federal Credit Union), we offer a range of solar loans, at competitive rates. There are several flexible financing options with attractive terms that will let you start saving on your energy bills right away!